About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, November 28, 2011

PLACES AND STUFF...



Didn't think silly blue entries were appropriate amongst all this beauty. Enjoy.

First, a few beautiful places that I know I will never see...


These are called flying buttresses. That's the kind of stuff you learn in art school...they were an amazing innovation.

 That last one may fool you. You see, the entire bay is frozen. It's just where they skate that turns it white.

I have actually been here, but not there.
And what is she standing in...a fucking ashtray?


This photograph, gentle reader, has each and every design element to move it from art with a small 'a' to Art with a capital 'A'.


Check this out, then look at the image below...

Interesting, isn't it?



I found this incredibly sad. I don't think BP is evil...we asked them to drill the oil, but it is, after all, our ocean.

This is the sort of shit my daughter does for a living...
(maybe shit was the wrong word to use in that context)

This is my most favorite environment on earth...

How about no?
Then I think about my daughter walking out to the center of the Arecibo radio telescope and.....I shudder. And to think she asked me if I wanted to walk out when I was there.....HA!

I have a thing for trees. I think all of them are magnificient...except for pine trees....fuck pine trees.







Recently part of California really did fall into the sea....




NOW SOME MANMADE ENVIRONMENTS

That restroom better have a big ass lock....

If you work in one of these, I'm glad you have a job and all, but damn!
 The palm tree is a nice touch.

I have no idea what this is about...I just found it odd...

Reason #46 of why I always travel the back roads...

These college teams are playing basketball on a goddamn aircraft carrier. What's fucking cooler than that?

Can you imagine just stumbling upon this?
 I have a theory about such things. It seems that every scratching on a cave wall or small statue, etc that we find we want to give some profoundly complicated reason for which it was created. Why couldn't they be created for the same reason the artist above created that...Just for the fuck of it.

Here we have Scrabble coupled with mild exercise.

I painted an office building one time and colored stripes moving up the stairwells was part of the plan (ours were uninterupted). My partner and I complete two four story stairwells in one night.
Yeah, we're good.....and fast...
(our graphics were much better than these...trust me)

Why in 1983 this man thought this necessary was not explained....

TOONS TO AMUSE...

(that last one took me two or three looks...how about you?)






One of my very own...

NAKED WOMEN DOING WEIRD ASS SHIT CAUSE WE LIKE NAKED WOMEN DOING WEIRD ASS SHIT....

Would this be considered flotsam or jetsam?


What the fuck is.........oh, nevermind....



Condom Halloween costume?


You think she gets overtime for this? Just askin'....
And you think there is a hygiene clause in her contract?


And then there's this...


On one of the sites I visit regularly, I found one of my "One of my very own" images.
I then went to Google images and typed in "One of my very own" and found a whole bunch of my images. 
I have a very strange sense of pride over this....and I don't even know why.
For any of you people who want to post one of my One of my very own, you have my permission.


And then there's this other thing...
My wife found a photo of me the day I shaved off my beard and mustache many years ago. I had two wives (not at the same time) and two grown children who had never seen my face. It was an interesting event. They all kept staring at my lips, since they had never seen my mouth.
Anyway, some photoshop bullshit was done to the image (for reasons I can't explain) and here it is.





2 comments:

Jambe said...

Clearly pine trees are the best trees!

Ralph Henry said...

Rephrase: "Southern" pinetrees suck. And by this I concern myself with the aesthetics only.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive