About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

THE RARE SATURDAY POST


When I watch football, I think about other things.
And I have several things to share with you....that may or may not be of interest to you.

This, of course, is some artist doing a piece about Thanksgiving. 
 It reminded me of a young sculptor I knew in graduate school who took every single object and surface in his studio and painted it white....in one night!!!
It was impressive.

I just got a very smart young man's Thanksgiving toast and this is it....

I then found this and sent it to him.
 He said that he had already seen the illustration, but I also reminded him that all those "innocent" primitives did have a collective ownership of the land and would kill you graveyard dead if you tried to hunt or farm on it.

But I understand his sentiment.....thus these....


This is so absurd it deserves no comment...

And then there was this...

Which led to these....
 (if you don't know, this was the worse error made in any World's Series)


You will be hearing a lot from me about the Occupy movement. I hope I don't bore you. If I do I would just like to say, Fuck you, get off my fucking blog.

Should the demonstrators fight back?
 I am of mixed feeling about that now. I know to get the most public sympathy, they should not. But we also know what has happened when we all cower. I'm not all that fond of cowering.

The retired cop is back at it in spades...

I presented this the other day as a great illustration for these terms. My PhD daughter and her PhD husband said that there needed to be two Volt characters...one pushing and one pulling. Well....duh....

If someone tried to give you these instructions and more or less expected you to follow them, you would probably just say Fuck you and get on with your life.

Well, I ran across this.
 The above has got lemming written all over it.
Now let me ask you...would you mind sitting across the desk from this banker? Would you think less of him? If you "expect" people in power to wear the uniform of people in power, then that's your problem...not theirs.

My good friend, Rupert, took this photo. I like it.

There are people who think that this is the most beautiful photograph ever taken.
 It was taken by Cassini and it shows Saturn back lit by the sun. But what is extraordinary about it is the little white dot off to the left...
That's earth.

As an effort to explain why my generation was so damn self-centered, I would like to remind you that as youths, we lived in fear of nuclear annihilation every second of every day. 
 And if, by chance, we wanted to forget it, we were subjected to "drive under your desk" drills every month.
 Adults talked about it all the time, and when under the house or in a cave we pretended the end had come and we had to survive on our own....like it was a fucking game.
Let's just suppose that with that mindset we just took all we could get as quickly as possible, since we were all convinced that there would be no tomorrow. 
Now it is tomorrow and we realize that we have spent us into bankruptcy......sorry.


My wife sent me a photo of one of her employees in one of the dressing rooms I built wearing a T-shirt she thought I would like.
But behind her is an old panel cutout of a mural I was forced to keep when I was not paid.
The cheerleader was planned to go into a men's bathroom and look as if she was washing her hands and was surprised by a man.

Now something that I heard today that I thought extremely funny.

"When I was in prison, I jacked off in the shower so much, that every time it rains I get a hard-on."


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive